5 REASONS YOU NEED A SENIOR MOVE MANAGER!
Moving can cause stress, fear and anxiety in all of us. Moving a senior out of a home they love and have lived in for 30, 40 or even 50 years can be downright traumatic. Senior Move Managers don’t just move boxes, they move people with a lifetime of memories. They work alongside seniors and their families to help calm fears and work through the grieving process, as a trusted partner in their transition.
Families who have hired a Senior Move Manager say it’s worth every penny. These services are more affordable than you think considering the time and hassle you are saved. Senior Move Managers are new to Utah, but seniors in other states have been using them for years. Now there is a Senior Move Manager with training and experience in Utah. Lets Make This Move opened its doors in 2016 and is now serving Salt Lake City and the surrounding area’s.
5 Reasons you should call a Move Manager:
- Most seniors have spent a lifetime collecting STUFF. They have stuff from their parents and grandparents and they are saving this stuff for their kids. But the kids don’t want the stuff. Hiring someone who is not emotionally attached can help reduce tensions between family members and speed up the process.
- Many time adult children are out of the area and just don’t have the time it takes to downsize or move senior parents due to family or work commitments. Senior Move Managers take on some of the responsibilities of getting the move completed. Using a SMM helps reduce the stress everyone is feeling. This allows families to just be family.
- As we age we lose some of our strength, balance and flexibility. Seniors find it more difficult to do the physical things they could do in the past. Senior Move Managers understand the limits of older adults, both physically and mentally. Using a SMM can help reduce the possibility of injuries and accidents as they work together. Downsizing is a process. Sometimes seniors just need a little extra time to process the changes.
- Move Managers understand the complexities of moving to a retirement community. They are familiar with floorplans and can help with furniture placement, knowing what to take and what will not be needed. SMM can do the packing, unpacking, setting up the furniture, hang pictures and even hook up electronics. They also work with the moving companies to make sure everything arrives on time and in good condition.
- Senior Move Mangers have a wide network of trusted professionals. Finding the right retirement community, buying or selling furniture, moving and getting the house ready to sell, these are all things a Senior move Manger can help you with.